Cowles Dedication Program

Posted by - - 1950s, Builders

President Frank Warren’s fondest building dream came true with the dedication of the 1,250-seat Cowles Auditorium, in February 1956. At last, the campus community could move from “Gym Chapels” to a welcoming home for worship. Warren described the new building this way: “First of all, it is an auditorium and a very beautiful one, but it is more than that. It becomes the center of much of the cultural and spiritual exercise of the college. . . It will be the center of worship as faculty and students gather for chapel three times a week. The fine art of worship will reach a new height as we utilize our new place of assembly.”

Share