The Campus Bus

Posted by - - 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, Believers

For many years, students took the North Howard streetcar to one block south of Francis Avenue and waited for the Whitworth bus to take them to campus. This was the way most town students got to class each day. The bus was purchased shortly after the move to Spokane, in 1914, and it operated each weekday. Later, in the 1930s, bus service expanded to make three trips each Saturday for campus residents, and the bus was occasionally used to transport the football team to games in Cheney and Walla Walla, Wash., and Lewiston, Idaho.

Share