Women’s Basketball Pendant

Posted by - - 1950s, Competitors

Bernice Woodhead, ’51, donated this pendant to Whitworth. Women’s Athletics Director and Basketball Coach Alyce Cheska purchased the pendant for the members of the 1950-51 women’s basketball team, which had competed well for the newly arrived head coach, earning victories over eight other collegiate squads to claim the title of State Girls’ Basketball Champions.

Share